Android TTS not working

I got the quick start working minus the TTS. It just keeps spitting everything to the log with no voice response from the phone. Do I have to override the onTtsSayListener or something?

D/MainActivity: Wake word detected!
D/MainActivity: Log: [22:05:58] [Hotword] detected on site default, for model default
D/MainActivity: Log: [22:05:58] [Dialogue] session with id ‘40a331a1-c93f-404d-b311-8b11596c3149’ was started on site default
D/MainActivity: Log: [22:05:58] [Dialogue] was asked to start a session
D/MainActivity: Log: [22:06:00] [Asr] captured text “yes” in 1.0s
D/MainActivity: Log: [22:06:00] [Nlu] detected intent SirBuildsALot7:yes with confidence score 1.000 for input “yes”
D/MainActivity: Log: Slots ->
D/MainActivity: Log: yes -> yes (confidence: 1.000)
D/MainActivity: Log: [22:06:00] [Dialogue] New intent detected SirBuildsALot7:yes with confidence 1.000
D/MainActivity: Log: Slots ->
D/MainActivity: Intent detected: SirBuildsALot7:yes
D/MainActivity: Log: yes -> yes (confidence: 1.000)
D/MainActivity: Log: [22:06:00] [Dialogue] was ask to end session with id 40a331a1-c93f-404d-b311-8b11596c3149
D/MainActivity: Log: [22:06:00] [Dialogue] session with id ‘40a331a1-c93f-404d-b311-8b11596c3149’ was ended on site default. The session ended as expected

Hi @Mumm!

In the trace you pasted, there is no call to the TTS (the session is ended without saying anything) so that looks like the reason why you don’t hear anything.

By default the snips platform on android will use the configured TTS provider on the device, be sure there is one installed.

The onTtsSayListener can be used if you want to use another TTS provider (that for example can’t be registered in android)

It’s saying its connected. The MSG_TTS_SAY is never getting fired. Is the app itself causing the issue because its using hermes?

App code:

from datetime import datetime

result_sentence = datetime.now().strftime(“It’s %A”)

current_session_id = intentMessage.session_id
hermes.publish_end_session(current_session_id, result_sentence)

Full call stack:

08/25 17:28:12: Launching ‘app’ on samsung SM-G935P.
$ adb shell am start -n “com.example.mummaiassistant/com.example.mummaiassistant.MainActivity” -a android.intent.action.MAIN -c android.intent.category.LAUNCHER -D
Waiting for application to come online: com.example.mummaiassistant.test | com.example.mummaiassistant
Waiting for application to come online: com.example.mummaiassistant.test | com.example.mummaiassistant
Connecting to com.example.mummaiassistant
Capturing and displaying logcat messages from application. This behavior can be disabled in the “Logcat output” section of the “Debugger” settings page.
W/ActivityThread: Application com.example.mummaiassistant is waiting for the debugger on port 8100…
I/System.out: Sending WAIT chunk
I/zygote64: Debugger is active
I/System.out: Debugger has connected
waiting for debugger to settle…
Connected to the target VM, address: ‘localhost:8602’, transport: ‘socket’
I/System.out: waiting for debugger to settle…
I/System.out: debugger has settled (1457)
I/zygote64: no shared libraies, dex_files: 1
I/zygote64: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<androidx.core.view.ViewCompat$OnUnhandledKeyEventListenerWrapper>: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/view/View$OnUnhandledKeyEventListener;
at void androidx.core.view.ViewCompat.setOnApplyWindowInsetsListener(android.view.View, androidx.core.view.OnApplyWindowInsetsListener) (ViewCompat.java:2203)
at android.view.ViewGroup androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.createSubDecor() (AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:637)
at void androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.ensureSubDecor() (AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:518)
at void androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.setContentView(int) (AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:466)
at void androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity.setContentView(int) (AppCompatActivity.java:140)
at void com.example.mummaiassistant.MainActivity.onCreate(android.os.Bundle) (MainActivity.java:181)
I/zygote64: at void android.app.Activity.performCreate(android.os.Bundle) (Activity.java:7183)
at void android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(android.app.Activity, android.os.Bundle) (Instrumentation.java:1220)
at android.app.Activity android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(android.app.ActivityThread$ActivityClientRecord, android.content.Intent) (ActivityThread.java:2910)
at void android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(android.app.ActivityThread$ActivityClientRecord, android.content.Intent, java.lang.String) (ActivityThread.java:3032)
at void android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(android.app.ActivityThread, android.app.ActivityThread$ActivityClientRecord, android.content.Intent, java.lang.String) (ActivityThread.java:-1)
at void android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(android.os.Message) (ActivityThread.java:1696)
at void android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(android.os.Message) (Handler.java:105)
at void android.os.Looper.loop() (Looper.java:164)
at void android.app.ActivityThread.main(java.lang.String[]) (ActivityThread.java:6944)
at java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object[]) (Method.java:-2)
at void com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run() (Zygote.java:327)
at void com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(java.lang.String[]) (ZygoteInit.java:1374)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn’t find class “android.view.View$OnUnhandledKeyEventListener” on path: DexPathList[[zip file “/data/app/com.example.mummaiassistant-MoiP89YS3UvpH8JTGSVUMA==/base.apk”],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.example.mummaiassistant-MoiP89YS3UvpH8JTGSVUMA==/lib/arm64, /data/app/com.example.mummaiassistant-MoiP89YS3UvpH8JTGSVUMA==/base.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /system/lib64, /system/vendor/lib64]]
at java.lang.Class dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (BaseDexClassLoader.java:93)
at java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (ClassLoader.java:379)
at java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String) (ClassLoader.java:312)
at void androidx.core.view.ViewCompat.setOnApplyWindowInsetsListener(android.view.View, androidx.core.view.OnApplyWindowInsetsListener) (ViewCompat.java:2203)
at android.view.ViewGroup androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.createSubDecor() (AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:637)
at void androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.ensureSubDecor() (AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:518)
at void androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.setContentView(int) (AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:466)
at void androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatActivity.setContentView(int) (AppCompatActivity.java:140)
at void com.example.mummaiassistant.MainActivity.onCreate(android.os.Bundle) (MainActivity.java:181)
at void android.app.Activity.performCreate(android.os.Bundle) (Activity.java:7183)
at void android.app.Instrumentation.callActivityOnCreate(android.app.Activity, android.os.Bundle) (Instrumentation.java:1220)
at android.app.Activity android.app.ActivityThread.performLaunchActivity(android.app.ActivityThread$ActivityClientRecord, android.content.Intent) (ActivityThread.java:2910)
at void android.app.ActivityThread.handleLaunchActivity(android.app.ActivityThread$ActivityClientRecord, android.content.Intent, java.lang.String) (ActivityThread.java:3032)
at void android.app.ActivityThread.-wrap11(android.app.ActivityThread, android.app.ActivityThread$ActivityClientRecord, android.content.Intent, java.lang.String) (ActivityThread.java:-1)
at void android.app.ActivityThread$H.handleMessage(android.os.Message) (ActivityThread.java:1696)
at void android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(android.os.Message) (Handler.java:105)
I/zygote64: at void android.app.ActivityThread.main(java.lang.String[]) (ActivityThread.java:6944)
at java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object[]) (Method.java:-2)
at void com.android.internal.os.Zygote$MethodAndArgsCaller.run() (Zygote.java:327)
at void com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(java.lang.String[]) (ZygoteInit.java:1374)
I/zygote64: Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<androidx.core.view.ViewCompat$OnUnhandledKeyEventListenerWrapper>: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/view/View$OnUnhandledKeyEventListener;
at void android.app.Activity.performCreate(android.os.Bundle) (Activity.java:7183)
at void android.app.ActivityThread.main(java.lang.String[]) (ActivityThread.java:6944)
I/zygote64: at java.lang.Object java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(java.lang.Object, java.lang.Object[]) (Method.java:-2)
Caused by: java.lang.ClassNotFoundException: Didn’t find class “android.view.View$OnUnhandledKeyEventListener” on path: DexPathList[[zip file “/data/app/com.example.mummaiassistant-MoiP89YS3UvpH8JTGSVUMA==/base.apk”],nativeLibraryDirectories=[/data/app/com.example.mummaiassistant-MoiP89YS3UvpH8JTGSVUMA==/lib/arm64, /data/app/com.example.mummaiassistant-MoiP89YS3UvpH8JTGSVUMA==/base.apk!/lib/arm64-v8a, /system/lib64, /system/vendor/lib64]]
at java.lang.Class dalvik.system.BaseDexClassLoader.findClass(java.lang.String) (BaseDexClassLoader.java:93)
at java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String, boolean) (ClassLoader.java:379)
at java.lang.Class java.lang.ClassLoader.loadClass(java.lang.String) (ClassLoader.java:312)
Rejecting re-init on previously-failed class java.lang.Class<androidx.core.view.ViewCompat$OnUnhandledKeyEventListenerWrapper>: java.lang.NoClassDefFoundError: Failed resolution of: Landroid/view/View$OnUnhandledKeyEventListener;
I/zygote64: at void androidx.appcompat.app.AppCompatDelegateImpl.ensureSubDecor() (AppCompatDelegateImpl.java:518)
I/SnipsPlatform: Connecting to remote Snips processing service
I/zygote64: Do partial code cache collection, code=30KB, data=19KB
After code cache collection, code=30KB, data=19KB
Increasing code cache capacity to 128KB
I/TextToSpeech: Sucessfully bound to com.samsung.SMT
D/OpenGLRenderer: HWUI GL Pipeline
D/ViewRootImpl@80deb51[MainActivity]: setView = DecorView@c1b7142[MainActivity] TM=true MM=false
D/ViewRootImpl@80deb51[MainActivity]: dispatchAttachedToWindow
V/Surface: sf_framedrop debug : 0x4f4c, game : false, logging : 0
D/ViewRootImpl@80deb51[MainActivity]: Relayout returned: old=[0,0][0,0] new=[0,0][1080,1920] result=0x7 surface={valid=true 496579878912} changed=true
I/Adreno: QUALCOMM build : 1b7798b, I8a9bdcf8d3
Build Date : 03/15/18
OpenGL ES Shader Compiler Version: EV031.22.00.01
Local Branch :
Remote Branch : refs/tags/AU_LINUX_ANDROID_LA.UM.6.5.R1.08.00.00.312.043
Remote Branch : NONE
Reconstruct Branch : NOTHING
I/vndksupport: sphal namespace is not configured for this process. Loading /vendor/lib64/hw/gralloc.msm8996.so from the current namespace instead.
I/Adreno: PFP: 0x005ff087, ME: 0x005ff063
I/OpenGLRenderer: Initialized EGL, version 1.4
D/OpenGLRenderer: Swap behavior 2
D/libGLESv1: STS_GLApi : DTS, ODTC are not allowed for Package : com.example.mummaiassistant
D/OpenGLRenderer: eglCreateWindowSurface = 0x7394755ae0
I/vndksupport: sphal namespace is not configured for this process. Loading /vendor/lib64/hw/gralloc.msm8996.so from the current namespace instead.
D/ViewRootImpl@80deb51[MainActivity]: MSG_RESIZED_REPORT: frame=Rect(0, 0 - 1080, 1920) ci=Rect(0, 72 - 0, 0) vi=Rect(0, 72 - 0, 0) or=1
MSG_WINDOW_FOCUS_CHANGED 1
V/InputMethodManager: Starting input: tba=android.view.inputmethod.EditorInfo@2e33798 nm : com.example.mummaiassistant ic=null
I/InputMethodManager: startInputInner - mService.startInputOrWindowGainedFocus
I/SnipsPlatform: Snips processing service connected, starting the platform
V/InputMethodManager: Starting input: tba=android.view.inputmethod.EditorInfo@e550540 nm : com.example.mummaiassistant ic=null
D/MainActivity: Snips is ready. Say the wake word!
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:30] Say the hotword, ask your query and let the magic happen
I/TextToSpeech: Connected to ComponentInfo{com.samsung.SMT/com.samsung.SMT.SamsungTTSService}
I/TextToSpeech: Set up connection to ComponentInfo{com.samsung.SMT/com.samsung.SMT.SamsungTTSService}
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:45] [Hotword] detected on site default, for model default
D/MainActivity: Wake word detected!
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:45] [Dialogue] session with id ‘cb993437-70fd-4e50-89cc-50326455c9ba’ was started on site default
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:46] [Dialogue] was asked to start a session
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:48] [Asr] captured text “is it early” in 2.0s
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:48] [Nlu] detected intent rgholmes:getCurrentTime with confidence score 1.000 for input “is it early”
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:48] [Dialogue] New intent detected rgholmes:getCurrentTime with confidence 1.000
D/MainActivity: Intent detected: rgholmes:getCurrentTime
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:48] [Dialogue] was ask to end session with id cb993437-70fd-4e50-89cc-50326455c9ba
D/MainActivity: Log: [17:28:48] [Dialogue] session with id ‘cb993437-70fd-4e50-89cc-50326455c9ba’ was ended on site default. The session ended as expected

Hi @Mumm!
could you post the logs of the your.appId:snipsProcessingService process ?

Hi @fredszaq

2019-08-26 20:25:06.616 30342-30342/? E/Zygote: isWhitelistProcess - Process is Whitelisted
2019-08-26 20:25:06.619 30342-30342/? E/libpersona: scanKnoxPersonas
2019-08-26 20:25:06.619 30342-30342/? E/libpersona: Couldn’t open the File - /data/system/users/0/personalist.xml - No such file or directory
2019-08-26 20:25:06.625 30342-30342/? W/SELinux: SELinux selinux_android_compute_policy_index : Policy Index[2], Con:u:r:zygote:s0 RAM:SEPF_SM-G935P_8.0.0_0013, [-1 -1 -1 -1 0 1]
2019-08-26 20:25:06.626 30342-30342/? I/SELinux: SELinux: seapp_context_lookup: seinfo=untrusted, level=s0:c512,c768, pkgname=com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService
2019-08-26 20:25:06.632 30342-30342/? I/zygote64: Late-enabling -Xcheck:jni
2019-08-26 20:25:06.992 30342-30342/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/zygote64: no shared libraies, dex_files: 1
2019-08-26 20:25:07.055 30342-30342/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/SnipsPlatform: registering client fd555da4-3c8a-4a48-8c98-733f2616e45a
2019-08-26 20:25:07.078 30342-30342/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/System.out: Looking for library ‘snips_megazord’
2019-08-26 20:25:07.078 30342-30342/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/System.out: Adding paths from jna.library.path: null
2019-08-26 20:25:07.078 30342-30342/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/System.out: Trying libsnips_megazord.so
2019-08-26 20:25:07.082 30342-30342/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService W/linker: “/data/app/com.example.mummaiassistant-MoiP89YS3UvpH8JTGSVUMA==/lib/arm64/libsnips_kaldi.so” unused DT entry: type 0x7ffffffd arg 0x1dc494
2019-08-26 20:25:07.136 30342-30342/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/System.out: Found library ‘snips_megazord’ at libsnips_megazord.so
2019-08-26 20:25:07.271 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_megazord: Starting components
2019-08-26 20:25:07.271 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_megazord: Starting Audio-Server
2019-08-26 20:25:07.274 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_hotword_lib::un…: Loading model “/data/user/0/com.example.mummaiassistant/files/snips/assistant/custom_hotword”, hotword_key: None, model_id: None
2019-08-26 20:25:07.289 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: PropConst
2019-08-26 20:25:07.289 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: Reduce(Normalize)
2019-08-26 20:25:07.290 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: UntensorflowConv
2019-08-26 20:25:07.290 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: Reduce(Codegen)
2019-08-26 20:25:07.290 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_linalg::arm64: arm64simd activated for smm
2019-08-26 20:25:07.320 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_linalg::arm64: arm64simd activated for smm
2019-08-26 20:25:07.320 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_linalg::arm64: arm64simd activated for smm
2019-08-26 20:25:07.320 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: PushSplitDown
2019-08-26 20:25:07.324 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: PropConst
2019-08-26 20:25:07.324 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: Reduce(Normalize)
2019-08-26 20:25:07.324 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: Reduce(Codegen)
2019-08-26 20:25:07.324 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: PushSplitDown
2019-08-26 20:25:07.333 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: PropConst
2019-08-26 20:25:07.333 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: Reduce(Normalize)
2019-08-26 20:25:07.333 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: Reduce(Codegen)
2019-08-26 20:25:07.333 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/tract_core::model: Optization pass: PushSplitDown
2019-08-26 20:25:07.335 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_megazord: Starting Hotword
2019-08-26 20:25:07.338 30342-30412/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_hotword_lib::au…: Audio thread for default started
2019-08-26 20:25:07.349 30342-30413/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_hotword_lib::au…: Net and VAD thread for site default started (vad inhibitor: false, vad messages: false
2019-08-26 20:25:07.353 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_hotword_lib: Detector “detector.default.default”, sensitivity: 0.5, threshold 0.47
2019-08-26 20:25:07.353 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_megazord: Starting ASR
2019-08-26 20:25:07.355 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_megazord: Starting NLU
2019-08-26 20:25:07.357 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_megazord: Starting Dialogue
2019-08-26 20:25:07.357 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_dialogue_hermes: Loading the configuration file
2019-08-26 20:25:07.365 30342-30418/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_nlu_hermes: loading nlu engine “/data/user/0/com.example.mummaiassistant/files/snips/assistant/nlu_engine”
2019-08-26 20:25:07.365 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_hermes: Using model from “/data/user/0/com.example.mummaiassistant/files/snips/assistant/custom_asr”
2019-08-26 20:25:07.367 30342-30416/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_hotword_lib: detector.default.default thread started
2019-08-26 20:25:07.507 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_dialogue_lib::c…: Loading language en
2019-08-26 20:25:07.509 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_dialogue_hermes: Starting…
2019-08-26 20:25:07.515 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_megazord: Starting TTS
2019-08-26 20:25:07.515 30342-30392/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_megazord: Starting Audio-Server
2019-08-26 20:25:07.537 30342-30431/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService W/libOpenSLES: Conversion from OpenSL ES positional channel mask 0x4 to Android mask 0 loses channels
2019-08-26 20:25:07.537 30342-30431/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/libOpenSLES: Emulating old channel mask behavior (ignoring positional mask 0x4, using default mask 0x10 based on channel count of 1)
2019-08-26 20:25:07.571 30342-30431/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService W/AudioRecord: AUDIO_INPUT_FLAG_FAST denied by server; frameCount 0 -> 960
2019-08-26 20:25:07.804 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 2 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:07.984 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 2 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:08.014 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_kaldi::decode::…: Loading model v2
2019-08-26 20:25:08.224 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 13 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:08.304 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 3 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:08.384 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 3 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:08.421 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_hermes: Preparing decoder
2019-08-26 20:25:08.525 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 7 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:08.548 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_hermes: Idle
2019-08-26 20:25:08.604 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 2 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:08.684 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 1 line
2019-08-26 20:25:08.948 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 14 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:09.088 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 7 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:09.166 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 1 line
2019-08-26 20:25:09.486 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 16 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:10.647 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 70 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:10.676 30342-30416/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_hotword_hermes: Hotword detected: site_id:default model:default (339ms ago)
2019-08-26 20:25:10.678 30342-30425/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_dialogue_lib::c…: Site [default]: reset site -> turn off ASR and turn off Hotword
2019-08-26 20:25:10.678 30342-30425/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_dialogue_lib::c…: Session [697250d5-6ee5-41f7-a91f-9128f31264bb]: The session has been created because the site “default” is free
2019-08-26 20:25:10.683 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_hermes: Listening
2019-08-26 20:25:10.683 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_lib::asr: T0 entered AsrRunner::run
2019-08-26 20:25:10.683 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_lib::asr: T0+0.000 capture started
2019-08-26 20:25:10.684 30342-30412/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_hotword_lib::au…: Audio thread for site default stopped.
2019-08-26 20:25:10.715 30342-30425/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_dialogue_lib::c…: Session [0664f83a-a987-4609-8528-1cff37cc2b28]: The session has been dropped because the site “default” is busy
2019-08-26 20:25:12.231 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_lib::asr: T0+1.548 endpoint detected (rule:4) frame:90 samples:23040 signal_time:1.44 rtf:0.521
2019-08-26 20:25:12.240 30342-30482/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_lib::asr: Source thread stop on push: “Disconnected(…)”
2019-08-26 20:25:12.241 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_lib::asr: T0+1.557 capture ended
2019-08-26 20:25:12.254 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_lib::asr: T0+1.571 decoder finalized
2019-08-26 20:25:12.293 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_lib::asr: T0+1.610 lookup and post-processing done
2019-08-26 20:25:12.293 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_lib::asr: decoded: [Recognition { decoded_string: “is it early”, likelihood: 0.8305008, tokens: Some([Token { value: “is”, confidence: 0.6848884, time: (0.0, 0.06753489), range: 0…2 }, Token { value: “it”, confidence: 0.8363737, time: (0.06753489, 0.1827772), range: 3…5 }, Token { value: “early”, confidence: 1.0, time: (0.1827772, 1.26), range: 6…11 }]) }]
2019-08-26 20:25:12.295 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_hermes: Cleanup
2019-08-26 20:25:12.295 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_hermes: Preparing decoder
2019-08-26 20:25:12.305 30342-30428/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService W/snips_broadcast_chann…: could not send data to audio subscriber, removing it: “SendError(…)”
2019-08-26 20:25:12.484 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 9 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:12.515 30342-30417/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/snips_asr_hermes: Idle
2019-08-26 20:25:13.404 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 1 line
2019-08-26 20:25:14.807 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 84 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:15.027 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 12 lines
2019-08-26 20:25:16.307 30342-30432/com.example.mummaiassistant:snipsProcessingService I/chatty: uid=10064(u0_a64) AudioRecord identical 78 lines

@Mumm which version of the platform are you using ? be sure to use 0.63.3 and redownload a fesh assistant on the console.

From what I see in the logs the NLU doesn’t seem to be called (or are we missing some logs at the end ? )

Also, are you using audio streaming or the opensl implementation to get the sound ? the opensles impl is broken at the moment (will be fixed in next version)

Just updated my version to 0.63.3 was on 0.62.3 since I was following this tutorial https://docs.snips.ai/getting-started/quick-start-android

Looks like after updating version and downloading a new assistant its not detecting my voice anymore. Here is my verbose output from snipsProcessingService

https://pastebin.com/QZTrbzSE

You are using the OpenSLES sound impl (the default one that is broken in the current release a will be fixed in the next one) make sure to switch to a streaming version. A simple example (no really robust/prod ready) here:

The important parts are enabling the streaming and running the capture

A more robust impl (in kotlin) can be found in this other demo application (it still use an older version of the platform but this part didn’t change)

@fredszaq Thanks I was able to get the tts working with that example. My confusion is based off the app’s Code Snippets does that only work on the raspberry pi?

@Mumm, yes code snippets from the console only work on the MQTT based installations (ie raspi / linux x86 / macos) on SDK based installs, like Android and iOS you need to code your action directly in java/kotlin (or swift for iOS)