Error on "sam init"

raspberry

Hi all,

I tried to install snips on a raspi3+, this is the second one. The first one, I installed on Nov last year is runnig fine. But now I get an error after sam init.
pi@snips2:~ $ sam init
Installing Snips Platform components. This may take a few minutes…
:heavy_check_mark: Updating aptitude repository
:heavy_check_mark: Installing dirmngr
:heavy_check_mark: Adding Snips APT source list
Adding Snips PGP public key
:heavy_multiplication_x: Failed to install platform: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open ‘/usr/lib/node_modules/snips-sam/lib/assets/snips-pgp-key.asc’
at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:653:18)
at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:554:33)
at Function.readFile (/usr/lib/node_modules/snips-sam/lib/assets/assets.js:25:24)
at Function.pgpKey (/usr/lib/node_modules/snips-sam/lib/assets/assets.js:19:21)
at sshCommandLog.then.then.then._ (/usr/lib/node_modules/snips-sam/lib/session/ssh.js:457:64)
at
at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

Now I tried it manually, but without success.
pi@snips2:~ $ sudo apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D4F50CDCA10A2849
Executing: /tmp/apt-key-gpghome.75EX72Ba5f/gpg.1.sh --keyserver pgp.mit.edu --recv-keys D4F50CDCA10A2849
gpg: keyserver receive failed: No data

I think that is the problem, isn’t it’?

Thanks a lot for your help.

[SOLVED] Sam init fails when trying to add sam pgp public key
Sam initしてもSnips Platform not installedのままになる(Checking with sam status will keep Snips Platform not installed.)

I am also facing the same problem which I have posted like 10 mins back. I am using windows machine as a third-party device to install snips.

That makes three of us. A solution to this would make me very happy.

Okay, i made it work. :slight_smile:

Follow Step 2 of https://docs.snips.ai/articles/raspberrypi/manual-setup but with the replacement of pgp.mit.edu

So the following are your commands on your Pi terminal:

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install -y dirmngr

sudo bash -c ‘echo “deb https://raspbian.snips.ai/$(lsb_release -cs) stable main” > /etc/apt/sources.list.d/snips.list’

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.surfnet.nl --recv-keys D4F50CDCA10A2849

sudo apt-get update

sudo apt-get install -y snips-platform-voice

After that ‘sam status’ should recognize snips as installed on the device and you can return to the sam guide and use it to configure your audio, assistants etc.

It does’nt work for me :disappointed_relieved:

Check your NodeJS and npm version using node -v and npm -v. npm version required 6.7
You need to upgrade both personal computer and RPi nodeJS version

For Ubuntu
curl -sL https://deb.nodesource.com/setup_10.x | sudo -E bash -
sudo apt install nodejs

For RPi
curl -o- https://raw.githubusercontent.com/creationix/nvm/v0.33.11/install.sh | bash
. ~/.bashrc
nvm install 8.6

Hi ruchir,

thanks for your answer.
my versions are right I think
pi@snips2:~ node -v v11.10.0 pi@snips2:~ npm -v
Maybe nodejs is a level to high, but I had a try with version 10 with the same result.
Any other idea?

thanks a lot

I had the same issue. The workaround provided by hein0r worked for me. npm v1.4.21 nodejs v8.11.1

What error did you see when executing this command:

sudo apt-key adv --keyserver pgp.surfnet.nl --recv-keys D4F50CDCA10A2849?

Can confirm, even after running

apt install snips-asr snips-nlu snips-platform-common snips-platform-voice snips-tts snips-watch

I still get

root@raspberrypi-snips:/home/pi# sam init
Installing Snips Platform components. This may take a few minutes... 
� Updating aptitude repository
� Installing dirmngr
� Adding Snips APT source list
  Adding Snips PGP public key
� Failed to install platform: Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, open '/usr/local/lib/node_modules/snips-sam/lib/assets/snips-pgp-key.asc'
    at Object.fs.openSync (fs.js:646:18)
    at Object.fs.readFileSync (fs.js:551:33)
    at Function.readFile (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/snips-sam/lib/assets/assets.js:25:24)
    at Function.pgpKey (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/snips-sam/lib/assets/assets.js:19:21)
    at sshCommandLog.then.then.then._ (/usr/local/lib/node_modules/snips-sam/lib/session/ssh.js:457:64)
    at <anonymous>
    at process._tickCallback (internal/process/next_tick.js:188:7)

Note:- Do not do this in root
As I suggest tlrider to update NodeJS version
and then use
sudo npm i -g npm
sudo apt-get update
sudo apt-get upgrade
and then try sudo sam init

He is able to fix that

Hello.
Copying snips-pgp-key.asc from npm \ node_modules \ snips-sam \ src \ assets will complete but the status will remain not installed.
Use google translate

Sam initしてもSnips Platform not installedのままになる(Checking with sam status will keep Snips Platform not installed.)

Hello,

This was a bug in Sam and it was fixed in version 0.0.51.
You can update sam with
npm install -g snips-sam

closed #13