Error setting up virtualenv - what to do?

I recently got the following kind of error messages when deploying an assistant:

Setting up Python actions
Generating virtual environment for seeed.IP_Address done
:heavy_multiplication_x: Error setting up virtualenv, one or more actions might not be able to run. Reason :
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won’t be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.

Is this really an error or should I consider it rather a warning? If it is errors which steps
should I follow to update the snips-system on my raspberry py?

thanks in advance
hugo

0 Likes

See this and this forum post. In short: you can’t do anything about it yourself, the skill developers should update their code and Snips should update their skill template code. But for now, all skills should continue to work.

1 Like

I am new here and I need to learn a lot about snips. You said all skills should continue to work, so virtualenv is not needed? Then, why is there the error with virtualenv?

0 Likes

It’s not an error of the kind “no venv working” it is only a warning.
The skills will still need an venv, but there is a warning because it is a python 2.7 venv and 2.7 will not be supported after 1.1.2020.
It still will work after that day, but there won’t be any updates.

Anyways, it is only a warning and the app builders have almost a year to perform the simple steps pointed out by koan and the warning will be gone.

For you it only means: if you build a new app - start it directly in python 3 :wink:

1 Like

Thank you for your answer! :slight_smile:

0 Likes

you need to upgrade it first, then you can install your package Via Administrator Access.

0 Likes