Hermes-Javascript - No Such File libhermes_mqtt_ffi.dll

windows

Hi All

New to the Snips platform and trying to get a small prototype going. I am trying to install the Hermes-Javascript npm package but keep getting an error that reads -

Error: ENOENT: no such file or directory, copyfile ‘C:\Users\PETERV~1\AppData\Local\Temp\tmp-17560KRelEBJRyDel\hermes-protocol\target\release\libhermes_mqtt_ffi.dll’

Looking inside the release folder I can see various files were created including a .dll called hermes_mqtt_ffi.dll.

Any help to get this going on Windows would be really appreciated.

Many thanks,

Peter

Hi @TheFusionWorks, thanks for reporting your issue!

Windows being an unsupported and untested platform, the post-install script expects the build to create a dynamic library file named libhermes_mqtt_ffi.dll instead of hermes_mqtt_ffi.dll as it is the standard behaviour on linux oses.

We are going to fix this, but in the meantime you can manually copy/paste hermes_mqtt_ffi.dll from the temp folder to [your action directory root]/node_modules/hermes-javascript/libhermes_mqtt_ffi.dll and it should work.

@elbywan THANK YOU! I copied this over this morning and renamed the file accordingly and I can now use the Hermes-javascript. Much appreciated!

1 Like