Important message regarding the Snips Console

Any news on a community for rhasspy ? Can’t see why I should create a profil on home-assistant.io website to discuss rhasspy as I won’t care/use home-assistant (nothing against home-assistant just not my solution).

I just set a RPI4 with raspbian buster lite.

Installed python env version, all went file, but espeak fr voice is horrible.
If I set picotts fr it say to:
sudo apt-get install libttspico-utils

But it doesn’t install saying no available version that can be installed (translated from french)

Also on thasspy dox it say picotts not available in french, but I think snips use picotts and got all language working.

Any idea ?

Anyway, having a locale console is game changing ! Defining intent and such seems similar to snips. Will have to test all that and see how I can plug this to Jeedom later :wink:

EDIT: ok got picotts working:
install:

wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/s/svox/libttspico0_1.0+git20130326-9_armhf.deb
wget http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian/pool/non-free/s/svox/libttspico-utils_1.0+git20130326-9_armhf.deb
sudo apt-get install -f ./libttspico0_1.0+git20130326-9_armhf.deb ./libttspico-utils_1.0+git20130326-9_armhf.deb
1 Like

Doesn’t got so well …

Go my wake word snowboy, listen on start up.
Wake word is detected, then:

ERROR:PyAudioRecorder:to_recording
Traceback (most recent call last):
File “/home/pi/rhasspy/rhasspy/audio_recorder.py”, line 205, in to_recording
frames_per_buffer=self.frames_per_buffer,
File “/home/pi/rhasspy/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyaudio.py”, line 752, in open
stream = Stream(self, *args, **kwargs)
File “/home/pi/rhasspy/.venv/lib/python3.7/site-packages/pyaudio.py”, line 443, in init
self._stream = pa.open(**arguments)
OSError: [Errno -9997] Invalid sample rate
DEBUG:PyAudioRecorder:recording -> started

This test works:

arecord -t wav -f S16_LE -r 16000 -c 2 > test.wav

Why r u posting your problems here about that application?? Its not even relevant here… why not use their own forums to get support ?

There is ONE thread on home assistant community, they don’t have forum for rhasspy, didn’t found discord either. Flooding a single message with more than 1000 answer isn’t a solution. And creating another account on a community that I don’t use their solution isn’t something I want. But yes, it’s no better here. Shame there isn’t real community for rhasspy, will try to find my way with the github and maybe look at something else

This will most likely be my last contribution to the community… So let’s end up in beauty and let people have a glimpse of what snips was before it goes into oblivion:

User: fringul88@gmail.com
Password: !8y(A#3F9)QcNbzVr?G_

Do name your assistant after your nickname, you won’t be the only one using the account…

I fully trust that the password won’t be changed. If it happens, well, there’s an asshole that used the account, selffish dickhead that kept it for himself…

Fight for Snips: https://www.gopetition.com/petitions/let-snips-makers-live.html
Join Project Alice on discord: https://discord.gg/Jfcj355

3 Likes

Here it is! =)

The community is growing😎

Here is the direct link to official rhasspy forum:

2 Likes

Absolutly gutted! Am doing a dissertation which included Snips but now I am buggered! Plus, all the other projects and the system I have at home will be pants as I wont be able to edit them or integrate any new actions I want. More importantly, where do we go from here?? What a shame :frowning:

Also, how will selling to Sonos “bring private-by-design” voice technology to millions of homes around the world? Will see if thats true in the long run. Think this project might of had oppurtunity to bring it to more than millions if it hadnt sold out, and sold out so early.

2 Likes

Glad I didn’t get around to building my snips install. So much for always open source.

1 Like

Will there be another console similar to this that can be used?

done
thank you for this initiative

Sadly there’s always an asshole. Password no longer works…

No, snips banned the account

My comment still stands…

1 Like

And it happend very, very quickly. First the account from Psycho and from January 31st. all the rest. Imagine Wikipedia comes up with the same idea.

I already suspected that everything was planned from the start. The community does the really expensive work of training and troubleshooting. If you think it’s time to harvest, you will get the cream.

Amazon, Google and Apple certainly invest a lot of staff to work on their voice assistants. In this case, they simply used workhorses called community.

Perhaps someone with a legal background can find out whether a class action lawsuit promises success. Hopeless here in Germany, but in other countries?

Petition signed…

1 Like

La fermeture de la console, est difficilement acceptable. De nombreux dev ont été réalisé par des anonymes afin de faciliter l’usage d’un assistant local respectant la vie privée, à contribuer à l’essor de ce projet et de cette initiative a travers une communication entre initié mais qui a conquis un large public.

Nous venons de perdre 4 ans. Les géants du secteur ont tué ce beau projet. Une superbe idée de projet qui à fait pschitt. Donc oui fermer cette console est une grosse erreur. Aucune envie d’acheter un produit sonos qui ne sera pas compatible avec ma domotique, et qui sortira dans combien de temps (plusieurs années) pour un niveau de fonctionnalité … certainement moindre …

1 Like

By the way some times ago we planned to add a Snips integration to our open source mobile voice SDK named Aimybox. Now we are going to add Snips functionality in our Aimybox Console to make it possible to download a ready to use models for Raspberry. If anyone is ready to join us to help with developing of Python version of our SDK - please contact me or join our Gitter chat

Did someone took time to make a complete fork of all the code at https://github.com/snipsco, before it disappears?

2 Likes

Sounds like a great idea since we have no answer about those repo…

Is it still possible to use Snips to create Assistant given that the console is closing down at the end of the month?

Could developers from Snips confirm whether I can still use Snips to develop a prototype?

1 Like