Hello guys !
I built my first App via the console to drive a few things in my apartment, coupled with Home Assistant.
The App changed a lot, I tried different strategies to create and split intents.
I would like to know your expert view, learn what you do personally, discuss about the benefits and inconvenience of each strategies…
First I created very granular intents during the prototyping phase.
I validated the full chain (From Voice to Home assistant doing sometime on a lamp with these intent)
I created a slot for the room in the apartment. It worked well too.
When I tried to implement intensity change, I started to think about all the use cases I wanted to support:
- Turning on a light
- Turning off a light
- Setting a light to a specific intensity value
- Decreasing the intensity of a light based on its current intensity (divided by 2)
- Increasing the intensity of a light based on its current intensity (multiply by 2)
And I decided to merge everything in one generic intent… ActOnLight with slots for
- The action
- The room
- The intensity
It works well…
I have also ActOnMediaPlayer, ActOnVacuum, ActOnCover now…
But since then I am asking myself.
What is the best strategy ?
- Granular intent with maybe less training data, but a simpler processing afterwards
- Generic intent with more data but more complexity to handle them
- A bit of both ?
Thank you in advance/