Making SNIPS talk from Domoticz

Hello guys,

I was wondering how to make SNIPS talk when performing some actions on my domoticz (on the same network).
My guess is to subscribe to the SNIPS MQTT but I don’t know which topic I should adress to make SNIPS speaks the message.
Is anyone able to help me with that?

https://docs.snips.ai/reference/dialogue#start-session tells you which topic and what content the json needs. If you just want snips to say something without further interaction you can start a session as a notification. This way you can make snips say something on a specified site. https://docs.snips.ai/reference/dialogue#session-initialization-notification
Best regards Johannes

Many thanks Johannes :slight_smile:

I ended up with this command line:
sudo mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.1.56 -p 1883 -t ‘hermes/dialogueManager/startSession’ -m ‘{“type”:“notification”,“text”: “Hello from the base!”}’

but somehow it doesn’t do anything…
Not sure of what I’m doing wrong there.

Ok finally get it to work with the following :
sudo mosquitto_pub -h 192.168.1.56 -p 1883 -t ‘hermes/tts/say’ -m ‘{“siteId”: “default”,“type”: “notification”,“text”: “test”}’

simpler, more efficient :slight_smile:

The dialogue manager is the recommended way, Hermes tts is the old low level way :blush: I think it has to be init not text as a key In the dialogue json. But I’m not home right now so I can’t look it up.

Hum ok I see :slight_smile:
If ever you are able to give me the right synthax it will be more than welcomed :wink:

Funny fact : adressing directly the “say” topic snips Is talking in english !! :stuck_out_tongue_closed_eyes:
So I’m not donne with that and the élégant Way will be needed :wink:

This is an example json from my code that works:

{"siteId":"livingroom","init":{"type":"notification","text":"Es ist 17 Uhr 57"}}

Many thanks!!! it works just fine :slight_smile:

So happy to be able to make my snips starting some interactions or anouncing what domoticz is doing :slight_smile:
That put the combo to another level!