Multiple wakewords not working

Hi,

I was able to create a personal wakeword, however when I try to add more within the snips.toml file, none of the wakewords are being recognized anymore.

This works:

[snips-hotword]
# model = "/usr/share/snips/hotword"
model = "/etc/snips/personal_2019_01_02T13_46_30"
# hotword_id = "default"
sensitivity = "0.5"
# audio = ["+@mqtt"]

https://docs.snips.ai/guides/advanced-configuration/wakeword/personal-wakeword

According to the docs, I can add a second wakeword (e.g. the general wake word), by adding it like this:

[snips-hotword]
# model = "/usr/share/snips/hotword"
model = ["/etc/snips/personal_2019_01_02T13_46_30", "/usr/share/snips/assistant/custom_hotword"]
# hotword_id = "default"
sensitivity = "0.5"
# audio = ["+@mqtt"]

But with this config, no wakewords are being detected.

Also, I am confused about the sensitivity. According to the docs I should set it by writing "<new_path_to_your_model>=<sensitivity>". But there is already another entry called sensitivity? Anyway it makes no difference with my problem if I set it this way.

What am I missing here?

You’re missing the sensitivity paramaeter as you pointed:

model = ["/etc/snips/personal_2019_01_02T13_46_30=0.5", "/usr/share/snips/assistant/custom_hotword=0.55"]

I know, but as I mentioned that didn’t change anything. I first tried the line as you posted it, but it didn’t work. In the docs it says that the default sensitivity is 0.5, so I assumed it is optional.

Just to make sure, I tried it again. No wakeword is recognized, when I use your line.

What about setting a single model with the syntax [ “model=sensitivity” ]?

Does this work?

Just wanted to know if you maybe have the same problem as me ( https://forum.snips.ai/t/personal-wake-word-is-not-recognized ) :slight_smile:

Nope, doesn’t work. Only the simple folder location in quotes works when I have custom wakeword enabled.

Might be the same problem. Have you tried setting the model without sensitivity?

Was anything different in the snips.toml configuration before the last update?

Hi, did you find a way to solve your problem? If not could please send the output of running snips-hotword -v ?

One thing that I discovered is that if you use the same hotword_key in the config.json file for two different assistants, Snips won’t recognize either hotword.

So make sure to use unique values for hotword_key in config.json in your custom hotword’s directory.