Python/pip Error in update-assistant

Hi,

I am getting two Python errors while trying to update my assistant:

Error setting up virtualenv, one or more actions might not be able to run. Reason :
DEPRECATION: Python 2.7 will reach the end of its life on January 1st, 2020. Please upgrade your Python as Python 2.7 won't be maintained after that date. A future version of pip will drop support for Python 2.7.
Error setting up virtualenv, one or more actions might not be able to run. Reason :
You are using pip version 18.1, however version 19.0.1 is available.
You should consider upgrading via the 'pip install --upgrade pip' command

I have upgraded pip to 19.0.1, but it has something to do with the venv, doesn’t it? Any pointers would be helpful!

Lukas

Snips python 3 instead of python 2
Error setting up virtualenv - what to do?

You have to change the source to go to the venv (virtual environnement) and do the upgrade.

For every skill? Because the folder /var/lib/snips/skills/snips-skill-heure/ doesn’t exist on my system. Or is that the problem? I may have deleted the contents of the skills folder recently to remove a deprecated skill.

No, just for the skill in error.

Which is all of them :slight_smile:

Okay, this fixes the pip errors, not however the Python 2.7 error. If I fix the pip error for any app, the Python error shows up. What’s up with that?

Python 2.7 will become deprecated. All Snips skills should migrate to Python 3.

Actually I’m facing the same error.

Note: A Deprecation WARNING is not something, which should prohibit the correct installation.

Is this a virtualenv error or an error, which originates from snips?