Snips not picking up mqtt settings from config.toml

I have these mqtt setting in my config file:

pi@hassbian:~ $ cat /etc/snips.toml  | grep mqtt
bus = "mqtt"
mqtt = "localhost:1884"
mqtt_username = "***"
mqtt_password = "***"

… and some other which are commented out

Despite this, I’m snips-skill-server is failing to start as it tries to connect mqtt broker in invalid port (the default 1883 instead the one given in the config file 1884).

Jan 21 19:37:24 hassbian snips-skill-server[1118]: INFO:snips_skill_server_lib::runner            : [SirBuildsALot7-systeminfo-massive.System_Info][err] Could not start MQTT client on localhost:1883
Jan 21 19:37:24 hassbian snips-skill-server[1118]: INFO:snips_skill_server_lib::runner            : [SirBuildsALot7-systeminfo-massive.System_Info][err]  -> caused by: Could not start MQTT client on localhost:1883
Jan 21 19:37:24 hassbian snips-skill-server[1118]: INFO:snips_skill_server_lib::runner            : [SirBuildsALot7-systeminfo-massive.System_Info][err]  -> caused by: Connection refused (os error 111)

Any ideas are welcome. Why does snips-skill-server does not seem to respect the port specified in the config file? I do have restarted the services and the system since I’ve changed the values. Also hotword component seem to be able to connect just fine:

Jan 21 19:29:41 hassbian snips-hotword[1061]: INFO:snips_hotword::server         : Connecting using MQTT site-id default

Hermes or paho.mqtt?

I’m wondering the same for few month now…
“every” intent has the hardcoded part:
with Hermes("localhost:1883") as h:

so how should it work with different mqtt brokers or username and passwords?

(I didn’t change the port/ip… so I was just wondering, not researching ;>)