Snips now sending Synonyms instead of value?

Hi there,

I’ve defined a Custom Slot Type like this:

Value: Kueche
Synonyms: Küche, Esszimmer

Previously what I received in the slots struct is something like:

detected intent chbla:radioAn with confidence score 1.000 for input "radio küche an"
              Slots ->
                 deviceLocation -> Kueche (confidence: 1.000) 

now I receive the synonym:

[09:29:09] [Nlu] detected intent chbla:radioAn with confidence score 1.000 for input "radio küche an"
              Slots ->
                 deviceLocation -> Küche (confidence: 1.000) 

was this changed on purpose? If you’re programming with this you would have to consider all synonyms now? Or am I missing something?

Edit: I just noticed that for a custom slot with Value: Badezimmer, Synonyms: Bad, I’m still getting Badezimmer?

Hi chbla,
maybe its not a good idea to mix the same word with umlaut and without umlaut in the same slot.
Why do you want a value without an umlaut? In your script it shouldn’t matter.

I want to understand the mechanism behind it, it seems inconsistent… can anyone explain that?

The payload contains both the master value and the synonym, meaning what’s been heard by Snips aka the synonym and the master value. Try to dump the payload to see what’s in it :wink:

1 Like

Nope - I only get “Küche” in the payload. Which is weird as this is the synonym. For “Bad” I get Badezimmer, which is the master value…

These are the payloads:
https://pastebin.com/XnRkpgym
vs
https://pastebin.com/JgCx0LYt

There is no master value Küche in my config.

To me it looks like yes:

If you look closely, the rawValue, what’s heard, is “küche” and the value is Küche so the master value is returned, with the “ue” localized to “ü”

But why does it localize ue? That doesn’t make sense if you think about programatically, it’s a key and should not change? What’s the logic behind this?
Also, how can Snips infer that I actually mean the umlaut, and not a word that is really “Kueche”? There are examples for these differences.

1 Like

I can’t answer that, it’s programatically wrong to change keys, but I’m not even sure this happens

Alright, thank you @Psycho - I will file a Bug report then