Snips-skill-server not running

I’m running my skill server in javascript in my system and connection is made through Raspberry Pi with MQTT. But when I run sam status, snips-skill-server is not running. It was working previously and suddenly it stopped. Any idea what is wrong.

Thanks in advance.

Do you see any errors in the output of tail -f /var/log/syslog?

1 Like

Thanks for the hint.I checked and it says “ERROR:snips_skill_server : no actions found !”
I selected no actions in the action tab of the console, because I created actions manually without using console.

You should have your skill installed in /var/lib/snips/skills/<skill-directory> then. That’s where snips-skill-server picks up the actions.

Hi, I have the same problem, the snips-skill-server isn’t working anymore, despite having actions in /var/lib/snips/skills/ , the log says no actions found.
I’ve tried update / upgrade, reboot / relaunch services, retrain assistant, it doesn’t work.
Any solutions ?

EDIT : it actually relaunch the snips-skill-server to add another assistant with code snippets, but if I delete those actions and restart the services, bye bye snips-skills-server despite the others actions…

The skill was installed in /var/lib/snips/skills/. Yet, same error

Hi, I’m facing the same issue.
I’m running on a Raspberry Pi 3; sam status printout shown below.

$ sam status

Connected to device 192.168.0.12

OS version ................... Raspbian GNU/Linux 9 (stretch)
Installed assistant .......... Jarvis
Language ..................... en
Hotword ...................... jarvis
ASR engine ................... snips
Status ....................... Live

Service status:

snips-analytics .............. 0.60.10 (running)
snips-asr .................... 0.60.10 (running)
snips-audio-server ........... 0.60.10 (running)
snips-dialogue ............... 0.60.10 (running)
snips-hotword ................ 0.60.10 (running)
snips-nlu .................... 0.60.10 (running)
snips-skill-server ........... 0.60.10 (not running)
snips-tts .................... 0.60.10 (running)

And systemctl status snips-skill-server output below.

? snips-skill-server.service - Snips Skill Server
   Loaded: loaded (/lib/systemd/system/snips-skill-server.service; enabled; vendor preset: ena
   Active: activating (auto-restart) (Result: exit-code) since Tue 2019-01-22 21:05:10 GMT; 2s
  Process: 2291 ExecStart=/usr/bin/snips-skill-server (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)
 Main PID: 2291 (code=exited, status=1/FAILURE)

Jan 22 21:05:10 raspberrypi systemd[1]: snips-skill-server.service: Unit entered failed state.
Jan 22 21:05:10 raspberrypi systemd[1]: snips-skill-server.service: Failed with result 'exit-c

I’ve tried re-installing sam, rebooting, logging in again, re-implementing the assistant, but can’t seem to get it working. I’m new to the system, so any suggestions would be appreciated.

Thanks

So I think I at least figured out a work around. In the documentation it says that you must have at least one skill loaded in order for the assistant to run…contrary to the guide I was following (which pertained to using a MATRIX Creator board). Using this bit of information, I set up a dummy app in my assistant with a simple Python printout script, updated the assistant, and the skill server started running.

sir , i dont have any folders/files inside skills what is the reason for that or i a have skipped any steps?
and i am working ubuntu 18.04 LTS
pls let me